All about us

We are Laura and Susan. We're sisters and between the two of us we have 11 children. We've each had our share of blessings and heartaches. Through the years there have been times when we were overweight, and times when we have looked anorexic. We feel like we have come to accept who we are and are now in a healthy place. We've learned some things over time and we would like to share with you our hope, and want you to learn to love who you are the way we have. Join us as we share our thoughts on life, food, and feeling good.



Friday, May 14, 2010

I Like Food!!!

First I should share with you that I love food. Especially when it comes to sharing with other women. There is nothing better than getting together with a bunch of women to go out to lunch together. There's something about eating while your talking that seems to help us all let down our guard and really relate with each other. I love when my friends want to share a dessert after lunch. I love dessert, but after eating in a restaurant, I certainly don't want to eat an entire dessert all by myself. I'm usually perfectly satisfied with my meal.... okay, I'm usually quite full. Because honestly most of us don't eat restaurant sized portion meals when we eat at home. But when I go eat in a restaurant with my friends, unless I can convince someone to split an entree with me, I'm full before the food is gone. But full or not a little sweet something to celebrate being with the women that I love to spend time with is fabulous.

I love it when we get one really great dessert, put it in the middle of the table and everyone takes a fork and digs in. No one expresses any hangups about germs or sharing. We're all equal. We all share in this one big yummy molten chocolate cake, or apple struedel ala mode. As we enjoy together our differences don't matter, no conflicts remain. Just pure bliss. At this moment we all exist together to share, smile, laugh, and enjoy in partaking of life.

Laura

1 comment: