All about us

We are Laura and Susan. We're sisters and between the two of us we have 11 children. We've each had our share of blessings and heartaches. Through the years there have been times when we were overweight, and times when we have looked anorexic. We feel like we have come to accept who we are and are now in a healthy place. We've learned some things over time and we would like to share with you our hope, and want you to learn to love who you are the way we have. Join us as we share our thoughts on life, food, and feeling good.



Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh... good butt kicking... how I have missed you




Today I did a Jillian Micheals video workout after being sick all last week. I missed the high that always comes after a good work out. My body must still be recovering because it felt harder then usual. But I stuck with it and I have been blessed with mellow mommy syndrome ever since. Mellow mommy syndrom is what naturally occurs when I take the time to take care of myself. I am all around happier and life seems easier to deal with. My kids even got to paint a cute little train (subsequently they painted themselves as well) because I just felt nice and calm. Nothing is gonna phase me today.

Sometimes exercise is really hard and I wonder why I am doing it? Then I run faster or longer then I thought I could or I do more reps or lift more weights and I am on a high the rest of the day. While training for a marathon my kids would ask me periodically, "Mom, are you a marathoner?" and when I would respond with a resounding, "Yes I am." I felt powerful and confident. I miss that and can't wait to start running again. Man, just writing this I feel all pump and ready to take on the world.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment